- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
A luxury manufacturing business require a Category Buyer. Working across a number of category spend areas, the Category Buyer will drive procurement activity around; cost savings, supplier relationship management and category management.
A luxury manufacturing business require a Category Buyer. Working across a number of category spend areas, the Category Buyer will drive strategic procurement work around; cost savings, supplier relationship management and category management.
The Category Buyer will join a team of Buyer and Senior Buyer level-procurement professionals, to add strategic value to the organisation, which is enjoying a spell of unprecedented growth. The Category Buyer will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of procurement strategies around spend areas including; composite materials, metallic raw materials, timber, furnishings, off the shelf-commodities (motors, pumps, filters). This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the organisation, as the order book is fill and a new ERP system removing a lot of the operational and administrative work from the team.
Specific duties of the Category Buyer include:
- Supply market intelligence activities - tracking of commodity prices, market trends, supplier landscape etc.
- Contribute to the formulation of category management strategies with Senior Buyer and Head of Procurement
- Development of suppliers to achieve quality, cost, delivery, technical and innovation to the business
- Ensure procurement is conducted in-line with total cost ownership methodologies
- Support make vs buy activities
- Introduction of long term agreements with suppliers and ensure SLAs are met
- Work with procurement leadership to drive innovation and change in the function
Category Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous procurement experience as a; Buyer, Senior Buyer or Category Buyer
- Procurement expertise gained within manufacturing, engineering or luxury goods sectors
- The ability to build relationships with suppliers, and effectively own a set of categories
- Negotiation experience, and the ability to achieve cost savings
- Understanding of how MRP/ERP works#
- The ability to professionalise and drive strategic change within a procurement team