Important: Valve, Piping, Pump, filtration or related as long as experience with Chemical markets
Introduction: Our client a large global OEM of pumps, valves, actuators and related control solution to the Oil & Gas, Chemical, Power, Food, Pharma, Steel and associated markets are looking for a Sales Manager -Export division (Ball Valves)
To Develop New Business within designated Export Territories with the emphasis on providing solutions to process industry Customers, utilizing the diverse range of Chemical Sector Flow Control Products. The key focus including Ball Valves, and its associated range of actuators and accessories.
This position reports to the UK Sales Director.
• Develop existing and new target export accounts that will significantly increase the sales of Flow Control Products we sell and support through the UK Business.
• To create Export Sales Marketing Plans by territory detailing the industry opportunities and the required strategy to develop profitable market share.
• Investigate, confirm and exploit all potential export sales outlets for company products.
• Create the necessary drive and enthusiasm in the stockist distributor organisations that are developed through regular contact, and help create local sales initiatives.
• To obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of Company Sales policies and implement these policies with maximum efficiency.
• Produce and maintain accurate records of all activities in accordance with Company report systems.
• Network and Liaise closely with the Company’s sales organisation, both internally and externally and via other sector business sales force to ensure the achievement of both sales and Company objectives.
• Submit visit plans and monthly reports to the Sales Director by the ‘agreed day’ on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Report on market requirements and changes, which could affect Company products and policies, including competitors’ activities.
• Where necessary pick up strategic bids and manage from start to finish.
• To act on all customer enquiries/complaints and follow up within a timely fashion. within 48 hours.
This is a global role based in the Valve operation in Sussex.
Area responsibility: - Global with the general exclusion of Europe, Scandinavia & North America.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
• A preferred knowledge of valves and/or automation of valves in the process industry. Alternatively pumps, piping, instrumentation etc
• Experience of global sales markets is vital.
• Good understanding of applications within the chemical, process and associated industry
• Demonstrable ability and experience to identify and develop profitable opportunities within the chemical, petrochemical, and process industries
• Demonstrable acute commercial sense of prices, pricing and products, across diverse geographical and industry markets.
• Excellent ability to forge close working relations quickly within a diverse range of cultures with both existing and potential customers
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with additional language skills desirable
• Willing and able to travel widely around the globe at short notice and for assignments lasting up to 2 weeks at a time.
• Able to cope with the challenges of prioritising a heavy and variable workload and travel schedule whilst ensuring communication lines are kept live with the relevant contacts to ensure enquiries and RFQ’s are followed up and auctioned appropriately to maximize sales opportunities.
• Commercially astute, “results driven” and an effective presenter and communicator, both orally and in writing.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office essential.
• Willingness to work as part of a team to meet unit objectives.
• Flexible, self-motivated individual with a positive and proactive approach and strong customer service ethic.
• Driven to learn about new products and able to do so quickly, becoming familiar with their applications and limitations.
The following are preferred:
• Proven history of solving technical problems in a wide variety of situations.
• Previous experience working for a valve manufacturer.
• HNC / degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
£45,000 - £50,000/yr
25 October 2012