Important: General Indirect category experience, mix of indirect and direct procurement experience
Introduction: Excellent opportunity for an experienced Category Manager with a broad general indirect procurement category background
My client, an established joint venture, have an opening for an experience Category Manager to work across Indirect and Direct categories.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the head of procurement and supply chain in the development of Procurement / Category / Supplier strategies.
• Manages day to day delivery of own category strategy to deliver cost improvement plans on time and to budget.
• Report on progress toward objectives and targets in own area of responsibility and category managers.
• Identifies and develops suppliers to support the business.
• Ensures Management of supplier contracts and relationships to meet the business needs using robust contracting methods.
• Prepares and collects data relating to service level agreements and contract performance measures regularly meeting with key suppliers to manage the relationship.
• Develops relationships with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and maintains appropriate stakeholder maps.
• Participates in and supports Purchasing development by working with stakeholders and responding to any issues or suggestions relating to the category.
• Conducts supply market research to identify influences on category strategy.
• Negotiates prices with suppliers and ensures agreed prices are communicated to the appropriate people to load onto the relevant SRM catalogues.
• Monitors and reports on activities and provides relevant management information as specified by the Head of Procurement and supply chain.
• Regularly meets with key customers to understand their issues or concerns and seeks to improve purchasing practice.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
£40,000 - £50,000/yr
08 June 2012