Important: Experience of commercial contracts support within a technical manufacturing environment - ideally aerospace or defence aligned
Introduction: An excellent opportunity which would suit a developing degree qualified professional seeking to develop a career within commercial contracts and bid / tender management within a world renowned FTSE 100 aerospace business....
As commercial officer this role will be working with the commercial contracts team of a leading international aerospace manufacturing business leading the negotiation, review and implimentation of commercial contracts. The role be adapted to individual candidates experience allowing career progression from early newly qualified business / law degree graduates or ideally 1-2 years commercial officer / administrator and degree level qualification experience up to more experienced commercial contracts officer levels.
Candidates must have good knowledge of commercial contracts / bid and tenders administration and day to day customer interaction process and able to communicate a senior levels, both internally and with external customers.
A fantastic opportunity for graduate level candidates with relevant professional experience OR more seasoned commercial officer / contracts officer seeking a new opportunity.
Salary Level - £21000 - £27000 + Benefits (basic salary dependent on career experience / skill set level)
Location - Yeovil
- To prepare commercial responses to bids and tenders including pricing and responding to terms and conditions
- To provide commercial advice to bid and project teams on Contractual issues
- Drafting and negotiating Customer facing contracts
- To provide a sound review of customer generated documentation that protects the company commercial position
- To identify areas of risk-commercial, programme, procurement and technical and alert senior staff
- To manage all contractual/commercial elements of existing and future contract
- Liaising with Project Managers and Business Unit Head to facilitate and co-ordinate project invoicing
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified Business, Law or simular
- Experience in a commercial contract administration capacity with a manufacturing / engineering environment (preferred not a necessity)
- Preferably aerospace sector experience
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- First class organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Working to and meeting demanding deadlines
- A creative approach to problem solving and an eye for detail
- Numeracy skills
- Confidence in using IT systems – SAP / similar ERP systems
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
£21,000 - £27,000/yr
12 September 2012