Important: International bid experience in the Middle East or Africa
Introduction: This global company are looking for a key addition within their Proposals team in Nigeria (Lagos). You'll have experience of bids valued to £20m within controls, Automation, Oil & gas. This is a 6-9 month contract with expenses paid for.
As Proposal manager you will be responsible for directing members of a highly effective bid team.
• The Proposal Manager has overall responsibility for the efficiency and the effectiveness of the regional proposal delivery organization which will include coaching and developing team members, coordinating and assigning the right resources to opportunities, deploying and maintaining global proposal processes, tools and best practices.
• Lead the regional proposal organization, coach and develop team members.
• Champion the implementation and continuous improvement of the systems changes and new systems to provide more efficient Proposal execution, global management and reporting.
• Build internal relationships by providing timely information to enable clear communication.
• Ensure the highest quality standard and consistency for each proposal.
• Apply strict discipline in following proposal process for consistency and effectiveness.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Engineering, Business or Economics.
• Minimum 5 years of proven success in technical or commercial activities.
• Proven experience in leading the proposal process within a sales organization at a services or product organization.
• Experience creating proposals for opportunities that include multiple products and services, often for global clients.
• Project management skills.
• Experience in working with an internal team throughout the sales process.
• Background in industrial automation is preferred.
• Flexibility, strong communication skills, team spirit.
My client provide products, services and solutions for the automation and optimization of plant operation, and is at the forefront of technological innovation. It serves process industries such as oil and gas, hydrocarbons, chemicals, power and utilities, metals and mining, and also the discrete and hybrid manufacturing sectors such as pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare and life sciences.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
28 August 2012