Important: General Indirect procurement including IT hardware
Introduction: My client requires a Senior Procurement Specialist/Buyer within the Indirect spend, the ideal candidate will have strong experience with general indirects but in particular HR, facilities, IT-Hardware, communications, office supplies and Marketing.
As a Senior Procurement Specialist/Buyer your Key Accountabilities will be
• To provides professional advice and assistance to local customers by:
- Monitoring of purchasing process, pricing accuracy, purchase orders, and check requests. Verifying purchase requests, approvals and ensuring best price.
• To give detailed analysis for requirements and assist with budget and project planning, including Return on Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TOC)
• Provide user support in relation to department responsibilities; Commodity research, supplier selection, supplier evaluation, contract administration, request for proposals/tender and bid evaluation.
• Develop regional/global supplier relationships and reviews alternate sources, ensuring continuity, quality, and competitive pricing.
• Use market research to identify best-in-class vendors and continually review the supplier qualification information provided and recommend supplier status
• Develops, completes and as required, initiates and manages formal RFQ/ RFP/ process; with Legal and manages contract review process.
• Analyze and propose definition of contract strategy, sourcing strategy, quality management, supplier selection, and improvement of procurement processes.
• Negotiates terms and conditions with key regional and global suppliers to ensure optimum price competitiveness and service levels are maintained.
• Leverages procurement and other internal resources to meet customer requirements
• Provides procurement and business senior management, with statistical, general and financial information as well as regular status reports and metrics on procurement related activities
• Leads local and regional compliance audit activities as needed.
• Bachelors Degree
• Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) certification required
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
• Purchasing experience (strategic Sourcing/Procurement, Category Management, Supplier Performance Management
• Experience supporting those at the mid to executive level
• Exposure to global operations and/or professional services
• Exposure to senior executives external client relationships
• Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, reporting skills.
• Proven effective cross-functional business team experience required.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to effect strategic direction
• Demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines.
• Organizational and creative skills.
• Strong process and project management skills.
• Continuous improvement mindset and methodology
• Excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills.
• Ability to speak, write, and read a second language is a plus
This is the perfect role for enthusiastic individual looking to progress their knowledge and experience in multiple categories within a world leading organisation.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
£35,000 - £37,000/yr
10 September 2012