Important: Highways or Civil engineering procurement experience
Introduction: Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional with a background in Civils and Highways to join a major infrastructure organisation, salary £60k+
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Category Manager, with a strong background in Procurement to join a high profile infrastructure organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team with a high spend responsibility on high profile projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a category approach to the procurement and commercial management relating to roads, tunnels, bridges, footways and associated assets and activities.
You will ideally be
• To be qualified to CIPS professional standard or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences up to director level.
• To be highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and work on a wide range of projects at the same time.
• Have good facilitation, project management and presentational skills.
• Have detailed knowledge and experience in procurement and commercial management activity within the relevant category with detailed experience of a number of full project life cycles.
• Extensive experience of commercial negotiations and high value contract management.
• Knowledge of UK public sector procurement procedures and EU directives.
• Experience of leading a team.
• Experience of working in cross functional virtual teams.
In addition to the basic salary the role attracts an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
London, Central London
29 August 2012