Designed and Developed by Gattaca plc © 2002-2017 Gattaca plc. Gattaca plc is Registered in England at
1450 Parkway, Solent Business Park, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7AF. No.4426336. All Rights Reserved
Cloud sourcing experience / Iaas or Paas
The role of Category Sourcing Manager (IT Cloud Services) is to execute the approach and execution plan for strategic outsourcing and supplier relationship management for the Cloud Services (SaaS, IaaS, Paas) categories of IT spend.
Specifically, this work includes assisting in the commercial and contractual workstreams of IT&S transformational programmes, oversight of ‘As a Service’ sourcing opportunities, and general oversight of the supplier governance & management processes.
People Responsibility (no. of direct reports overall): n/a
Financial Scope (budget, budgeted revenue/turnover, fixed costs, capex, no. of customers: n/a
Specific tasks / activities, management, reporting, interfaces etc. Ideally about 5 distinct statements, describing the role in more detail, in terms of activities and output core to this role
• Stakeholder engagement and influencing
• Ownership of commodity groups within the IT Cloud Services
• Implementation of category management plans
• Managing end to end sourcing process, including supplier management
• Contract and commercial negotiation
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers and manage through their lifecycle as well as optimising value for money and ensuring that they remain aligned to business needs.
• Maintain a single and accurate view of agreed and speculative supply and demand at all times and plan the necessary steps to govern.
• Actively contribute to cost saving challenges by identifying cost saving opportunities and monitoring these over time.
• Provide vendor or technology specific commercial expertise and advice on behalf of indirect procurement led contract negotiations or renegotiations.
• Driving shareholder value
• Stakeholder influencing
• Leading virtual cross functional teams
• University Degree or equivalent experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
• IT Cloud Services category management experience
• High levels of emotional resilience
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Sourcing planning, execution, negotiation and implementation
• Experience of operating in a Procurement role within a complex and geographically dispersed blue chip environment
• Experience of working cross culturally
Other Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking abilities.
• Ability to demonstrate where peers/leadership were influenced to achieve strategic goals
• Good knowledge of IT and commercial perspective and an understanding of the overall picture of how the IT service fits and contribute
• Drive and enthusiasm
• ITIL qualification & experience
• Performance Bias (skilful application)
• Business Acumen and Financial Awareness (expert)
• Leading People (skilful application)
• Partnership & Teamwork (expert)
• Wise Decisions (expert)
• Innovation (expert)
• HSSE Skills (skilful application)
• Digital Skills (skilful application)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK